Dental Composite & Porcelain Veneers Melbourne from Holistic Clinic
Do you like your smile? Are you proud of it? Or do you wish you had a smile like the ones sported by Hollywood stars? The one that speaks self assurance and confidence at the same time?
Porcelain Veneers Melbourne
You now have the answer to get that confident, self assured Hollywood smile with Holistic Dental, as we now provide Porcelain Veneers in Melbourne. Simple, fast and painless, your smile can become perfect in two visits to Holistic Dental.
You can have teeth whitening included in the deal to give your smile that pearly, sparkling look.
Composite Veneers Melbourne
Porcelain veneers, often referred to as “Instant Orthodontics” are a thin layer of synthetic material, either porcelain or composite, that is bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. Holistic Dental is the leader in providing porcelain and composite veneers in Melbourne.
Veneers are used to fix:
- Discoloured teeth – either from root canal treatment, coffee, tea and wine stains.
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Misaligned, uneven or irregular shaped teeth
- Teeth that have gaps between them
Are Porcelain Veneers Right For You?
Veneers are designed to be bonded with healthy teeth so if you have one of the following conditions, then either we can arrange for an alternative treatment or we will treat you for that condition first before we fit the veneers.
- If you have dental decay or active gum disease, we would need to treat this before we can proceed with fitting your veneers.
- If the tooth has been weakened , like when a significant portion is missing or has been replaced by a large filling, it might not be strong enough to support a veneer and still function properly
- Since dental veneers are bonded to your tooth enamel, we may not be able to fit them if the tooth has been badly damaged and there is not enough enamel left on the tooth.
- If you habitually clench or grind your teeth, this might cause the veneers to break and therefore we would not recommend the treatment to you
- If you have misaligned teeth, overbite or under bite you need to be referred for orthodontic treatment.
Porcelain Or Composite ?
Both composite and porcelain veneers are great options to cover dental imperfections.
- Substantially more expensive then composite;
- Have a more natural finish as they have the same light reflecting properties that enamel has.
- Made in a dental laboratory based on the impression that has been taken of the treatment tooth.
- Are stronger and more resistant to staining.
- They will last in excess of 20 years, if looked after properly.
- Cheaper than porcelain
- Can be made directly in your mouth by your dental practitioner or can be indirectly fabricated and later applied to the mouth using a cement resin.
- Prone to stainingTeeth that have gaps between them
- Tend to last between 4-8 years.
Depending on the condition of your teeth and the problem being rectified, the dentist will inform you which veneer is more appropriate.
Keep Your Dental Veneers Safe
When you invest on your smile through a treatment such as dental veneers, it makes good sense to take good care of your beautiful new teeth.
Porcelain veneers are as hard wearing as your natural enamel and although they will not suffer decay, the uncovered part of your tooth is as vulnerable to decay as every other natural tooth in your mouth. It is therefore important to maintain proper dental hygiene
- Brush and floss regularly
- Visit your dental hygienist regularly for preventative maintenance.
- Avoid abrasive toothpastes
- Wear a mouth guard if you indulge in sporting activities
Finally because our approach at Holistic Dental in Melbourne is to look after your total wellness, we believe it is important to understand why your teeth become cracked, chipped, discoloured or worn in the first place. By understanding the underlying problem we can help you address these issues to ensure these problems don’t reoccur and that your smile remains perfect long into the future.